Delivery notification software enables companies to alert their customers about arrival times for their deliveries. Delivery notifications are provided by many business-to-consumer companies and are increasingly prevalent in business-to-business deliveries. Business customers often have to accept large numbers of deliveries, so letting the receiving manager know when to expect a truck is an increasingly popular feature. Some delivery notification software provides a simple time window, while other systems offer real-time map views in addition to estimated times of arrival (ETAs). Keep reading to learn more about Wise Systems’ delivery notification software and how it can help your business operations today.
Types of Notifications
Wise Systems’ delivery notification software provides updates to both your customers and your team. Our software provides important notifications throughout the delivery process, including real-time ETAs, which are automatically sent as deliveries occur. Our software also notifies dispatchers where drivers are throughout the delivery day, more specifically when drivers arrive at and depart from each location. Teams also have clear status indicators — green for on-time, yellow for at-risk, and red for late, which both customers and the management team can see.
Benefits of Delivery Notification Software
Wise Systems’ delivery notification software provides clear visibility to your management and dispatch team as well as to your customers. It also allows for you to find the areas that may need improvement to ensure efficiency in your operations. Because our software shows driving routes and work patterns of each driver, they will be more motivated to perform, which will increase productivity and lower late arrivals. This also helps give your customers a clear understanding of when to expect the delivery, eliminating calls between customers and your team, and increase customer satisfaction.
Contact Wise Systems
Real-time visibility is a must-have for high-performing fleets, and Wise Systems delivers. Wise Systems’ cloud-based dispatch software was specifically created to address dispatchers’ and operations teams’ needs by giving them an intuitive, easy-to-use interface that shows locations of all vehicles on the road, current road conditions, and real-time delivery ETAs. If you are interested in incorporating our software to improve your fleet operation, please contact Wise System today or request a demo
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between delivery management software and delivery notification software?
Delivery management software is a comprehensive solution that helps businesses manage all aspects of their delivery operations. It includes features such as order management, routing and dispatching, real-time tracking, resource management, and analytics.
On the other hand, delivery notification software focuses specifically on keeping customers informed about the status and progress of their deliveries. It provides real-time updates, estimated arrival times (ETA), delivery confirmations, and allows customers to choose their preferred communication channels for notifications.
How does delivery notification software benefit a business?
Delivery notification software offers several benefits to businesses:
- Enhanced Customer Experience: By keeping customers informed at every stage of the delivery process, delivery notification software improves customer satisfaction and builds trust. Customers appreciate being informed about their orders, receiving ETAs, and knowing when their deliveries are on the way or have been completed.
- Reduced Customer Inquiries: With proactive notifications, businesses experience a reduction in customer inquiries regarding order status. Delivery notification software automates the process of keeping customers informed, reducing the need for manual customer support interactions.
- Improved Operational Efficiency: By streamlining communication and automating notifications, delivery notification software helps businesses optimize their delivery processes. It reduces the chance of miscommunication, enhances coordination between delivery teams and customers, and increases overall operational efficiency.
- Brand Loyalty and Repeat Business: Providing a smooth and transparent delivery experience through notifications contributes to customer satisfaction and can lead to increased brand loyalty. Satisfied customers are more likely to become repeat customers and recommend the business to others.
What’s involved in implementing a delivery notification system?
Implementing a delivery notification system typically involves the following steps:
- Software Selection: Choose a delivery notification software that aligns with your business requirements and integrates well with your existing systems. Note that delivery notification may be a module in your routing and dispatching platform.
- Configuration and Customization: Set up the software according to your specific needs, including configuring notification templates, preferred communication channels, and any branding or customization options.
- System Integration: Connect the delivery notification software with your other systems of record to ensure seamless flow of data and timely delivery updates.
- Customer Data Management: Import or sync customer data into the delivery notification system to ensure accurate and up-to-date contact information for sending notifications.
- Testing and Quality Assurance: Thoroughly test the delivery notification system to ensure notifications are sent correctly, and all functionalities, such as ETA calculations and delivery confirmations, are working as intended.
- Training and Adoption: Train relevant staff members on how to use the delivery notification software effectively. Ensure that they understand the system’s features, processes, and how to troubleshoot common issues.
- Continuous Monitoring and Improvement: Regularly monitor the performance of the delivery notification system, gather feedback from customers, and make adjustments or improvements as needed to enhance the customer experience.
By following these steps, businesses can successfully implement a delivery notification system that improves customer communication, streamlines operations, and contributes to overall customer satisfaction.